- December (2)
- November (8)
- October (10)
- Chanel Fall Winter 2013 Bags - Chain Boy Flap Bag
- My Top 5 Shoes from Milan Fashion Week Spring Summ...
- My Top 5 Bags from Milan Fashion Week
- New Limited Edition Louis Vuitton Sofia Coppola SC...
- Chanel Fall Winter 2013 - Biker Boots
- Alexander McQueen Fall Winter 2013 - De Manta Flor...
- My Top 5 Shoes from London Fashion Week Spring Sum...
- My Top 5 Bags from London Fashion Week Spring Summ...
- Louis Vuitton Illustre Collection - Trunks and Loc...
- Burberry Heart Print Slipper Shoes
- 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target
- My Top 4 Shoes from New York Fashion Week Spring S...
- My Top 4 Bags from New York Fashion Week Spring Su...
- It's Friday the Thirteenth Beware the She Wolf!
- Marc Jacobs Fall Winter 2013 - Silky Girls Mae Sho...
- Louis Vuitton Empreinte New Colors - Havane and Sa...
- Louis Vuitton Fall Winter 2013 Shoes - Joyce Epi E...
- Gucci Fall Winter 2013 - Lady Lock Bag
- August (12)
- July (14)
- June (19)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (23)
- February (16)
- January (16)
- 2012 (59)
- 2011 (53)
- 2010 (113)
- 2009 (222)
- 2008 (113)
Saturday, 14 September 2013
Last fashion season I compiled a series of posts with my top 5 favorite bags and shoes from the various fashion weeks and while I intended to do the same again I was left a little disappointed by New York fashion week and have only been able to choose my top 4 bags instead. One thing for sure even this early in show season is that Black and White will reign supreme for Spring Summer 2014, white has a little bit of an edge on black but both colors (or non-colors) will be filling the stores next year.
The first bag I have chosen is from Thakoon and helpfully doubles up as jewelry with a pearl strap so long you can wear it as a necklace or wrap it around the wrist a few times for a chunky bracelet. The bag itself is petite so is more suited to an evening look or a "grab and go" bag when you need very little with you.
The second bag (top right) is by Jason Wu who's SS'14 collection mixed the sports luxe look with an easy elegance. The exotic bag I have selected appears to resemble the current Daphne bag only in a larger size and although the Daphne is said to have been created with a retro feel in mind this bag is certainly as suitable today as it will be in the future.
On the bottom right of the image above you'll find a white bag by J.Crew, I chose this one because I really felt it captured the sporty feel a lot of the collections had and the handles going to the sides of the bag rather than the top were a little unusual.
Rounding out the picks is a floral 'belt bag' from Tory Burch, I'm not that enamoured by the print but I do like the size of the bag and the way that it's worn as a belt rather than carried, again it's just something a little bit different.
So that's my top four from New York fashion week SS14, how do you feel about the collections so far? Do you think I missed a bag that should have made the cut or like me where you left wanting a little more? Drop me a comment and let me know your favorite of the four.